Do you have a wet or musty smelling crawl space?
If so, you should consider taking action. Did you know that over 40% of the air that you breathe on the first floor of the home comes from the basement or crawl space? Because of this, crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation is essential to your family's health.
A crawl space is essentially a small basement. In homes with crawl spaces, the living area is so close to the crawl space that moisture and unsafe air infiltrate the home, causing potential health hazards.
Crawl Space Problems and Their Solutions
At Floodbusters Basements, we help our customers in Maryland by getting to the root of the problem.
- Crawl Space Drainage System - If there are issues with standing water, we begin by installing a perimeter drainage system prior to the encapsulation process. We then run this drainage system into our GrateSump™ Sump Pump System to remove the water from the crawl space.
- DimpleShield™ Drainage Matting - This dimpled plastic material may be used on high footings or concrete floors to assist with crawl space drainage issues.
- Crawl Space Vent Covers - Most crawl spaces have been vented due to antiquated building codes. We now know that venting a crawl space creates big problems and it's necessary to seal any vents or areas where outside air can get in. We have patented crawl space vent covers to solve this issue.
- CrawlShield™ Encapsulation System - To complete the process of sealing the crawl space, we install a patented crawl space encapsulation system to completely eliminate vapors and odors rising from the ground; creating a layer of protection between the dirt floor and your living space which also helps in lowering your home's heating bills while making the upper levels living spaces more comfortable.
- Crawl Space Dehumidification System - After the area is sealed, the moisture level will need to be controlled and brought down to a relative humidity below 50%, using our high-efficiency dehumidification systems.
If you are in need of crawl space dehumidification in Baltimore, Columbia, Germantown, Silver Spring & any other cities in Maryland, contact the professionals at Floodbusters Basements at 410-204-2527 and we will provide you with a free estimate.
We serve Harford, Baltimore, Carroll and Anne Arundel counties including the surrounding areas of:
Check out our complete service area to find your city!